Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Power of Mother Earth !!

 


Hi everyone! This is long time absent SR Blogger. I have been thinking about the blog but unfortunately I have been extremely busy and have neglected all our loyal followers and occaisional readers! So sorry!

You can tell by viewing our "world map" that JR Blogger has readers of My2Cents in many different countries and parts of the world. That is so very exciting for JR and me because it allows us to feel connected to all of you in so many differnt places in the world.

Over the last week one thing we all have in common is our awarness of the great power which lies within our beautiful earth! It doesn't matter if you live in Asia, Africa, Europe, America, Australia. North or South, East or West almost everyone on our planet was aware of the tremendous eruption of the volcano located on Iceland. The name of the volcano is........
Eyjafjallajokull . Yes, that's correct: Eyjafjallajokull . Can anyone pronouce this name? I can't. If you can send it to us in phonetic form !! First one to do that will get a special mention in my next post!! :) :) I wish I could award you 10,000 crowns to use in Wizard101 but unfortunately I can't!

So many people were stranded in airports all around the world due to the huge volcanic ash plume coming out of Mount Eyjafjallajokull . I hope they are all OK and heading home now that the airports are opening. You can see in the picture at the top of this post (which was taken from far in space) that the ash plume of volcanic debris is quite long and thick.

This eruption of volcano Eyjafjallajokull is just another example of how small our world is, how fragile we all are and how we must try our best to protect our Mother Earth and respect her and treat her well. That's My2Cents--OK.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Trouble Maker said...

Its pronouncedˈeiːjafjatlajœːkʏtl̥
It means island-mountain-glacier in Icelandic! Happy to help!