Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is this a new level in Wizard 101?

 
Posted by Picasa

This is SR. Blogger writing to you from the land of ice and snow! I am in a country that is famous for skiing, salmon fish, reindeer and the place where the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded. Guess the answer and win the prize!! Well, back to this picture. I was walking along what is called "The Walking Street" here in Oslo, Norway. (now you know the answer!) The name of the street is Karl Johans Gate ("Gate" means street in the Norwegian language). Karl Johans street extends from the central train station all the way to the Royal Palace where the King and Queen of Norway reside. While I was walking along the street I came upon this unusual construction of ice blocks in the middle of the street. What could it be? An igloo for tall people? An art construction?
Just a bunch of big ice cubes stacked on top of each other? I got up close to it and could see there was no way it could be an ice "house" for anyone...tall or short.
I asked a few people if they knew what it was and no one had a clue. Finally, I found someone in one of the shops who had the answer. This ice sculpture is a work of art...that will go away (melt) when the weather warms up. It was built for a TV show that was being filmed a few days before I got to "discover" it. So, that's the answer. I am sure there is more to the story and I will try and find out more and post any updates for you. I think that it is a very cool (pardon the pun) piece of art work and it sure gets your attention. But then that's just MY2Cents worth. Have a great day. SR. Blogger out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norway?

M.W.S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.W.S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hallo,I live in this land of ice and snow.and I am building a snowfortress in my garden. and i have a question for you, are you Ken?

My2Cents said...

Hello Anonymous person! I am Ken's son. Very nice to meet you! I'm glad you're enjoying Wizard 101.

My2Cents said...

Welcome visitor from Bergen. We are glad you visited. We are always happy to have visitors. SR. Blogger