Saturday, October 31, 2009

Flush! Scat!

Hey everybody,
I just finished Flush! It was great. Like SR. Blogger said in a comment, Carl Hiaasen does make hilarious, although somewhat crazy, characters in his novels. Speaking of which, a character in Flush, Noah UnderWood. His dad sank a millionaire's gambling boat, was sent to jail, refused to let his wife pay his bail, and eventually broke out of the jailhouse! Oh my! Once again, I highly recommend this book along with his other children's books, Scat and Hoot. I just started Scat the other day. So far, I figured out the main characters are a boy named Nick, a boy nicknamed Smoke, and a girl named Marta. I have not read enough to determine what the problem is yet, but I have found a hilarious character already! Smoke's father, whazzizname, is completely whacked out. He doesn't mind that his 11 year old kid is running around in the woods without a cell phone, at 1 A.M. Great dad ain't he? :) I'll write a post or two about some other books later I think, but this is just my 2cents worth.

-JR. Blogger

No comments: