Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday Night Football

I'm going to take a day off from posting too much about football. Why? Because I fell asleep during halftime last night of the Chargers vs Broncos game. BUT before I did I saw something interesting. I want to make one comment about a penalty call.

Here is the situation; Broncos have the ball...snap and QB hands off to running back...running back crosses line and heads down field...then he is grabbed from behind at the top part of his jersey. The flags fly. It is an illegal tackle. It's called a "horse collar" tackle and this is not allowed.

BUT, The player is a Denver Bronco. Bronco is another way of saying HORSE...so it seems to me that a horse collar is part of the Broncos uniform and this should be a legal tackle.

But that's just MY2Cents worth....ha ha; what do you think?

No comments: